30-Hour Pesticide Course Online
New York State requires a 30-Hour Pesticide Course before an inexperienced person can sit for the State exam and become a licensed pesticide Technician. The State Exam is two parts: Core and Category Specific. Each part has 50 multiple choice questions.
This 30-Hour online class is DEC-approved. It consists of 2 Parts: 15-hours of Core content and 15-hours of Category specific content.
The following is covered:
- Learn basic safety and handling rules for pesticide use. This includes laws, toxicity, and describing steps and decisions every applicator has to make in his daily routine on the job.
- Familiarize you with the minimum federal category standards necessary for certification.
- Acquaint you with common problems in the use of pesticides.
- Provide you with necessary information for calibrating, maintaining, and operating equipment used in the application of pesticides.
- Instruct you in the identification of some common pests relating to ornamental and turf maintenance.
- Inform you of various pest management options that are available.
- Prepare you for the pesticide applicator certification exam.
Order 2 Manuals
You will need to order the CORE and Category Manuals from Cornell's online bookstore. The manuals are called:
- Core Manual, and either
- 7A. Structural & Rodent, OR
- 3. Ornamental & Turf, OR
- 25. Nursery, Ornamentals & Turf (For Private Applicators)
You can begin before the manuals arrive. Order Manuals Here